Thursday, January 7, 2010

I bought fresh flowers!



It may sound silly, to get so excited about fresh flowers... but to me they are a delightful reminder to savor what is beautiful.

I bought them because of a workshop that I had the extreme privilege to attend this week.  Justin and Mary Marantz are photographers who shared much more than just business advice.  One of the things that they asked us to think about was - what is our version of "the good life?"  It caught me off guard because I don't often take the time to think about what makes me feel fabulous.  The natural response is to say... well that takes money, time, etc. that I don't have right now.

If we don't have it right now, then when?  Their encouragement was to find small moments that feed the soul...  that make us feel like we are already living "the good life" in our everyday life - because we can...  My version for this week was flowers, what's yours?

No comments: